CKC CDX AGX WC, AKC CD OA CGC,
NAFA ONYX, AAC ADC, NADAC EJC/NGC/OJC,
PCA WC and JAM,
Poodle Club of Canada Versatile Poodle,
Versatility in Poodles VCX
Most Valuable Dog to Flyball Team
(August 27, 1994 - November 22, 2002)
What can I say about my little “Buzz Saw”? She was fast, she was driven, and she wanted all the toys, balls and bumpers for herself. Meya blasted through agility courses, flew down and back in flyball – always checking to see where the competing team was – and would somehow stretch herself to reach the finish line ahead of everyone else. She was a dynamo in a 14 lb 13 1/2 inch poodle. We used to call her a border collie in poodle clothing.
Meya had her own unique style for field work, if the cover was too high, she would pop up out of the tall grass like a prairie dog, take her bearings, and then keep on going. Size of the bird didn't matter, she was one determined little dog. In flyball she was equally competitive, always checking the other team to see where the last dog was, and would kick in the afterburners to ensure she hit the finish line first. She had a dynamite recall that would win races in a pinch.
Best of all, she was doll. She loved to climb up onto the back of the couch, and lie across the back of it, resting her head on one of my shoulders. She touched my life in many ways.
Here are a few of Meya's accomplishments
- Second miniature poodle to earn the PCA Working Certificate
- Second miniature poodle to earn the CKC Working Certificate
- Ran as test dog at several CKC WC events during 2000-2002.
- Earned her NAFA ONYX (20,000 points)
- Earned her CD and CDX with many 1st and 2nd places in classes, scoring as high as 199.5.
- Most Valuable Dog to flyball team – award given as a member of the Dog-On-It Flyball team
- Member of the Superdogs Performance Team from 1995-1997
- One of the first miniature poodles to be awarded the Poodle Club of Canada Versatile Poodle (the other being “Percy”).